Saturday, February 24, 2018

Praise More...Bark Less

Have you ever noticed how happy a well loved dog is? I find it amazing that God made animals that can feel love and desire it. In the case of our little dog, it seems as if we are her whole world. And I don't know about your dogs tail, but it seems like ours has beat the record for tail wagging!  I'm not positive, but I think that means shes happy and I really think she smiles!

All I have to do is walk in the room and she wags her tail. If I get down on the floor and look in her eyes, her tail gets wagging. If I leave the house for five minutes, then walk back inside, you guessed it, her tail is wagging. Not to mention her numerous leaps of excitement she demonstrates as we are reunited. LOL. If we're gone for hours, it's off the charts "tail wagging" when we come back.

It's crazy that they miss us and want us to be home. For some reason they crave the fellowship of their owners. Let's talk about their appetite. They're always hungry and always happy when the food comes out.  Just like us, they like to eat. 😏

I got to thinking, If our pets get that excited about us, how much more does God take pleasure in having fellowship with us!?  A trillion times more! I'm not comparing God to an animal in any way. I'm simply saying that he shows His love in marvelous ways. If anything, I'm saying when I'm in the presence of God, if I had a tail, it's wagging so much it may fall off!  LOL!

Just like our dog begs for treats, we hunger and yearn for God. "Our daily bread" is God feeding us, everyday! As for me, when I learn something from God, I'll say something like, "oh that's good"!  Just as if I took a bite of something yummy. If we're hungry to learn, then we'll always be fed. The difference with God is, He never gives leftovers, we always get fresh. There's no scraps at His table, we receive only the best. 

If only we'd praise Him more instead "barking" out our requests, we'd find joy in each moment and pass every test.  Praise more, thank more, and you'll bark so much less. 

No comments: